Afternoon baking is becoming a weekly occurrence which isn’t always the best thing especially for my waist but sweet stuff such as cake and chocolate is always my weakness *hides away*, it just tastes so so good. This week as easter is fast approaching me and my lady baby decided to whip up some mini egg chocolate cornflakes which are super quick and easy to make, below is the recipe.
50g butter 100g milk or dark chocolate, broken into chunks, 3 tbsp golden syrup, 100g cornflake & 1 packet of mini eggs
1. Melt your butter, chocolate and golden syrup on low heat in a bowl over a saucepan, allow to cool for a couple of minutes once ready.
2. Stir all your ingredients together until chocolate covers all of your cornflakes and then spoon the mixture into your cupcake cakes. Add your mini eggs on top of your cornflakes.
3. Pop your chocolate cornflakes into the fridge to set.
Since seeing quite a lot of Creme Egg brownie posts on Instagram, it was obvious that I had to make some myself, how could you not want those in your belly!?! Scrolling through Google for a recipe I stumbled upon cook bake eat, the process was pretty simple which is what I like to see! I’m not exactly the baking master so the easy option is sometimes best. The recipe allows you to create your own chewy Creme Egg brownies serving 12 people or if your me 6, maybe less sometimes *hides*.
185g Dark Chocolate
85g Plain Flour
40g Cocoa Powder
275g Caster Sugar
6 Cadbury Creme Eggs
1. pre-heat the oven to 180 and gas mark 4.
2. Melt your butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Once it’s melted put it aside to cool.
3. Mix your eggs and sugar using an electric whisk allowing it to double in size and thicken up.
4. Add your egg and sugar mix to your cooled chocolate mixture.
5. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold everything together. Pour the mix into your baking tray and cook for 20 mins.
6. Begin cutting your creme eggs in half.
7. After 20mins cooking, take out your brownies. They should be looking quite cooked around the egde but still quite soft in the middle. Place your eggs on top of the half cooked brownies and gently press down.
8. Bake for a further 10 – 15 mins or until cooked through out.
These turned out amazing with the right amount of chewiness, the only thing I did was put the Creme Eggs in a little earlier than I should have, but they are still delicious.
Are you going to give the recipe a try?