Since seeing quite a lot of Creme Egg brownie posts on Instagram, it was obvious that I had to make some myself, how could you not want those in your belly!?! Scrolling through Google for a recipe I stumbled upon cook bake eat, the process was pretty simple which is what I like to see! I’m not exactly the baking master so the easy option is sometimes best. The recipe allows you to create your own chewy Creme Egg brownies serving 12 people or if your me 6, maybe less sometimes *hides*.
185g Dark Chocolate
85g Plain Flour
40g Cocoa Powder
275g Caster Sugar
6 Cadbury Creme Eggs
1. pre-heat the oven to 180 and gas mark 4.
2. Melt your butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Once it’s melted put it aside to cool.
3. Mix your eggs and sugar using an electric whisk allowing it to double in size and thicken up.
4. Add your egg and sugar mix to your cooled chocolate mixture.
5. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold everything together. Pour the mix into your baking tray and cook for 20 mins.
6. Begin cutting your creme eggs in half.
7. After 20mins cooking, take out your brownies. They should be looking quite cooked around the egde but still quite soft in the middle. Place your eggs on top of the half cooked brownies and gently press down.
8. Bake for a further 10 – 15 mins or until cooked through out.
These turned out amazing with the right amount of chewiness, the only thing I did was put the Creme Eggs in a little earlier than I should have, but they are still delicious.
Are you going to give the recipe a try?
I was kindly invited along to the Katje’s 3D Printed Candy event in Cardiff with my husband, the event was on a stall in the shopping centre which is not the kind of event i’ve been to before.
“The Magic Candy Factory is the world’s first 3D gummy candy printer which gives the customer’s imagination all the power and allow them to create truly customised & delicious gifts and treats.”
When we arrived we were greeted by the lovely team and the founder Melissa Snover who showed us the 3D printers which were absolutely beautiful, the printer was in a wooden case with stunning laser cut wooden case, they looked really elegant. The printer allows you to create your very own unique design which practically can be in the form of any design, shapes, letters, photos etc. Once sent to the printer it prints in under 5 minutes, and what’s even better they’re free from everything! that’s right, they are vegan, gluten-free, nut free & dairy free.
These incredibly yummy treats are a perfect gift for all sweet lovers especially with Christmas next week, being a vegetarian I am forever scrolling through the ingredients list to see if they are suitable for me to eat because lets admit it I do love my sweet stuff! Whats good about The Magic Candy Factory is that there is no reading the labels and worrying if they are ok for you to eat.
You can print these yummy treats in a variety of flavours, strawberry, ripe raspberry, marvellous mango, luscious lemon, beautiful blackcurrant, elegant elderberry, gorgeous apple and tasty tropical blue and then finish them off with three different sprays, glitter dust, sour dust and fizzy dust.
For a bit more of a nosey of what went on take a look at Evan’s YouTube vid.